Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Reaction to The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones



This contains a little bit of spoilers.

I have not read the book nor read the reviews.  It was a random decision brought on by three factors:  cheapness of the movie ticket, limited choice (either that or The Conjuring), and plenty of time.  It turned out to be a great decision because of Lena Headey (who here agrees, please raise your hand).  She was the best thing about the movie.  She was 3-parts sexy accent, 3-parts bad-ass, and 3-parts sleeping.  Even asleep she was awesome.

The movie was OK to pass the time.  It felt icky when they got to the part where the two characters turned out to be siblings after kissing passionately.  Again, I did not read the book so do not judge me for feeling there was some kind of wrong from that point onwards.  Hopefully, they're not really siblings.

I did not have any expectations when I bought the ticket but so many details were unexplained.  Some just suddenly popped out from nowhere so I had more questions than answers at the end.  Lastly, the movie did not motivate me to read the book.

I know it is a trilogy so they will probably make a second movie.  Maybe I will watch it if Lena is there again and has more exposure even if she will still be partly asleep because, as I have said, she is awesome regardless.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha you are funny. Bakit 3 parts awesome, eh that just makes 9 parts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I left out the decimal points. It should be 3.33333..-parts ____ :)

      Delete