Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Essence of a Woman... huh?



I came across a page in a newspaper containing photos of women who were contestants in a beauty pageant.  I have never understood the fuss on beauty pageants such as Miss Universe, Bb. Pilipinas, and others.  However, what I understand is that the Bb. Pilipinas winner represents the Filipinos and should have the beauty that Filipinos can be proud of when she represents us in the Ms. Universe.  But there is also a Q&A portion so they probably also want to measure the mind, right?  So going back... when I saw the photos, I tried to see if I know any of them.  I looked at their pictures and I felt confused and several questions popped into mind such as:

 
  • Why are some of the poses sexy and sultry? (in the photo)
  • Why do they need to wear a gown and a bathing suit? (during the contest)
  • Why is there only one portion where the brain is measured and why is it the last portion? (during the contest)
 
If I can make changes on the program, some of my recommendations are:
 
1.  Contestants should be active in a social cause/s for at least 3 years.  Examples are tree-planting, medical missions, feeding programs, red cross, prison visit volunteer, etc.
 
2.  The contest will start with the Q&A portion so that all contestants will be given a chance to showcase their intelligence.  Or at least how well they can answer pageant questions.
 
3.  They will not wear make-up.  Make-up can change a person's look.  If they want to see beauty, going natural is the best.
 
4.  No height requirement. Filipinos are not tall on the average.
 
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment